Saturday, September 20, 2008

On The Prowel:You've Gotta Read This!

Yes, I have been influenced by many speakers. As I look around my apartment, I'm quickly reminded of "influential speakers."

I've been to seminars where the speakers were very well put together. They had ethos because they had good character (atleast that's what I thought). Why did I think that? They're from "who knows where." What could I possibly know about them? Silly of me. Knowledge is key.

They possessed the characteristic of pathos because they used their life circumstances, as examples. Furthermore they had the characteristic of logos because they also had a lot of knowledge about their line of work and they were very good at creating scenarios and "drawing" reasonable conclusions.

So, based on these characteristics, as I look around my apartment I am constantly remind of my "influential speakers." However, needless to say, these speakers were not only the best I've heard but they turned out to be the worse of the worst.

The talk these speakers gave and the "so called" workshops didn't pan out like they so strategically said they would. Their ethos, pathos and logos are out the window. These people get thumbs down for me because they don't give you all the information you need because if you had it your decision would by significantly different.

This is why NGC (National Grants Conference) would never get any recommendations from me. Auction Teacher would never ever ever ever get any recommendations from me. Let's see....A lot of the postings that say work at home doing surveys, etc (especially the one's posted on SJSU Campus) are a no no....GET A JOB - your better off! I wish I had more time but until next time, have a good night.

No comments: